If you don't have the time or patience to dispute the inaccuracies on your credit report yourself, and if you want to know other methods of improving your credit score, an independent Credit Services company or consultant could be just what you need. But how can you tell who is genuine? The Credit Repair Organizations Act was passed to help you do just that. Avoid the scammers by knowing what to look out for.
1. Shop around for a company so that you get a feeling for the standards that they all have. Make sure the Credit Services company you choose is licensed and bonded.
2. Avoid any company that tries to collect money from you up front. They should not require payment until they have performed some services for you. Caravan Credit Services will start working your file the same day you enroll and you will be billed on the date specified by our Client.
3. Do not select a company that makes guarantees about the results that they will get for you - for example, if they promise you a credit score increase of 100 points. They can advertise the average results that they have gotten for other clients, but they cannot promise you a certain score because they do not control that. Please refer to Caravan's Refund Policy.
4. Do not enter a contract that you cannot cancel.
5. Avoid any company that offers file segregation. This is an illegal practice that involves creating a new credit identity for you.
People who file for bankruptcy almost always receive letters from companies promising to solve all of their credit problems in this way. They will say that it is legal but after your new credit file is set up, any time that you apply for credit you will have to lie on the application forms. Giving false information to obtain credit is fraud. You can be fined or even sent to jail.
Caravan Credit Services, Inc. can help you with improving your credit score.
Call us today for a FREE consultation or Enroll today to Get Started!